Warning and Apologies: Long Post!
I’ve apparently cast a spell over two very sweet Kims who read my blog. I’m very honored and humbled and definitely not deserving!
First there’s Kim at Kim’s Big Quilting Adventure who awarded me the “You Make My Day” award. I can’t remember whether I found Kim or she found me, but I think it was sometime last spring and I’m really glad she did. Kim tells great stories and is always working on a fun project (one of her more recent ones that I’d like to make someday is this cool picnic tote.) Like me, Kim works full time outside the home but she amazes me with all the projects that she completes! Now, I’m supposed to nominate up to 10 blogs for this award, and I’ve been thinking all day about it. Who should I nominate. Every time I come up with a list, I think of someone else who just has to be on it, so I start all over again. I just can’t do it. All the blogs I read make my day — that’s why I read them. And that’s why I’m becoming buried under blogs to read — I’ll find a new blog then add it to my bloglines. I really need to pare down my bloglines ’cause I have trouble keeping up with everyone but I just can’t choose. So, lame as it may be, I’m awarding it to all of you!
And second, there’s Kim at Ragged Roses who awarded me the “Amazing Blogger” award. This Kim and I go way back — she’s one of the first bloggers I found. And I instantly fell in love with her adorable little ragged corsages and had to order one. A few months ago I had a little panic attack when I thought I’d lost my corsage but I found it during the big 2007 Christmas CleanUp. It was in my hummel cabinet — clearly among the things I cherish! This award has two parts: to pass the award on to one person (again, I truly have given this a lot of thought, and I just can’t choose — in my defense, I think it’s ’cause I’m a Libra!), and to list 7 random facts about me. I’ve listed random before, but it’s Friday, the end of ReturnToHellAfterChristmasVacation week, and I’m feeling chatty, so….
1. I’m one of those people who put snowmen out in January. Santas for Christmas, Snowmen for Winter. There will be no discussion LOL. (In the grand scheme of turning baby food jars in to little lanterns, we have flags on the 4th of July, pumpkins on Halloween, and snowmen on…Ha! You thought I was going to say Christmas. No. Snowmen in Winter. These are the last of the them — no more lanterns for holidays. The idea came from Rock Creek Emporium.)
2. I would randomly list my favorite food, but Kim hates them, and I’m taking a vow not to mention them. Well, for this post anyway.
3. Diet Pepsi is my preferred morning drink. (Ok, my preferred anytime drink.) While my coworkers are getting coffee from the coffee pot, I’m getting ice from the refrigerator for my drink. A lot of coffee drinkers will comment how weird that is, but when I point out that it’s my source of morning caffeine just like coffee is theirs, they see the light.
4. There are a ton of great New Year’s resolution posts out there. I’ve loved reading them all but especially enjoyed this funny one. With the exception of her first one, it’s exactly how I feel! I don’t make resolutions, but I do make lists. However, after my dismal performance on last year’s list, I’m not even doing that this year. I’ll just let my projects randomly vie for my attention.
5. I have a little blogging fairytale to tell you. Once upon a time, I was seeking shopping advice for the upcoming quilty peep trip to NYC and the adorable Vallen referred me to her good blogging buddy Rebecca who works in Manhattan. During the course of my conversations with Rebecca, she mentioned that she works for company XYZ. Well, that’s weird, I told her, ’cause we used to have one of our house utilities with XYZ and they got bought out by ABC and just this morning I was on the phone with ABC trying to resolve a billing issue involving us and the two companies. So, sweet Rebecca said, well, if you have any more problems, just let me know and I’ll see what I can do. Of course, I’m thinking, there’s no way I’m going to bug her with my piddly problem. BUT, fast forward a few more months and after lots of phone calls and confusion, the last word from ABC was Sorry, we can’t help you — Pay. Up. About then, Rebecca happened to ask, Did you ever get that problem solved? So, I told her the story. And can you believe it? Rebecca fixed our problem! I’m thinking Rebecca is the closet CEO/Miracle Worker of XYZ!!! She’s an angel and I’m deeply indebted. Don’t let it ever be said that blogging, Rebecca and Vallen aren’t awesome! Now, when your spouses raise their eyebrows about all the time you spend on the computer, just tell them this story. You never know what might happen in blogland! (This little snowman is waving to his brother over at Joni’s! And he’s waving his undying love to Rebecca too LOL!)
6. Um, more randomness which I may have told you….we had several cross-country moves when I was a little girl and I didn’t go to the same school for more than 2 years until I was in high school. After two years of high school, I was very upset that we couldn’t move again. It’s been fascinating for me to watch my boys form lifelong friendships as a result of growing up in the same place.
7. Finally, #7. I joined a Valentine Swap over at Lucy Locket’s. You have until Sunday, Jan 13th to sign up — if she hasn’t closed it already — there’ve been an awful lot of sign-ups already! C’mon Quilty Peeps — you don’t have to have a blog and you know you want to!!! (Speaking of quilty peeps, Jewels made this fat little snowman — isn’t he adorable?)
Phew! Sorry, I rambled on so long. Those of you still reading this get a big prize — Mmwah! Thank you, you adorable Kims, for your kind and generous awards. You guys are the best!